Lake Almanor, CA 96137
Phone: (530) 259-3381
Text the word: RICAU To: 866-866-5545
- Ricau Arts Barbara MacArthur Lake Almanor
- impressionistic fine art
- california landscape paintings
- wildlife paintings
- water color
Fundraisers We Support
- Lake Almanor Community Foundation
- Seneca Hospital Auxiliary
- Sierra Hospice
- Peninsula Fire Sirens
- Chester Community Chorus
- Lake Almanor Art and Craft Fair
- Feather River Land Trust
- Plumas County Sheriff's Christmas Toy Drive
- Lake Almanor Country Club Firewise Community
- Plumas County Fire Safe Council
Going Green Commitments
- I use hand made frames fashioned from a variety of wood that captures carbon.
- I recycle materials used for my artwork as well as items used in the home.
- I have attended educational workshops about the Dynamic Forest pertaining to our mountain community to learn how to better manage the health of our forests.
Hours of Operation
Home Studio, Call 530-259-3381
See Ricau Arts at Mountain Custom Framing and Gifts, Main Street, Chester, CA, Plumas Arts Gallery in Quincy, CA, and North Valley Art League Gallery, Redding, CA
Capturing the impression and emotion in my paintings is my ultimate goal. I enjoy observing my surroundings and finding what attracts me. The contrast of light with dark and color are what catch my eye. The mystery of what I don't see but imagine also captivates me.
The hardest part is the beginning, because there are no guarantees; there is only uncertainty and risk.
Once I start I allow myself to experience the emotion that I wish to evoke.
Recent work and activities include acrylics on panel and canvas of mountain scenes from Lassen National Park, Plumas County, wildlife and domestic pets on commission.
We'll Impress YouMy name is Barbara Ricau MacArthur. I am an artist living in the beautiful mountains at Lake Almanor, CA where I paint and exhibit.
I am a New Orleans native, and following college where I minored in art, I attended John McCrady's school of art in the New Orleans French Quarter.
I painted and exhibited in New York City while based there as a flight attendant with TWA. My subject matter was from the places I traveled as well as the local scene.
After marrying, I painted and exhibited in the Sacramento Valley and received awards at area juried shows.
Since moving to Lake Almanor I have been thrilled at the beauty of this area and have enjoyed painting the surrounding scenery and wildlife as well as doing portraits on commission of children, pets and homes.
Our Social Networks/Blogs