Lake Almanor, CA 96137
Phone: (530) 259-3381
Fax: (530) 259-4007
Text the word: RICAU To: 72727
- Impressionistic Fine Art
- California Landscape Paintings
- Portraits of People, Pets & Wildlife
- Acrylics, Water Color, Oil
- Wildlife and Pet Portraits
- Fine Arts Architecture
- Sierra Cascade Mountain Scenes
- Romantic Pencil Drawings
- Romantic Watercolor & Acrylic Paintings
- Impressionistic Mountain Paintings
Fundraisers We Support
- Lake Almanor Community Foundation
- Seneca Hospital Auxiliary
- Sierra Hospice
- Peninsula Fire Sirens
- Chester Community Chorus
- Lake Almanor Art and Craft Fair
- Feather River Land Trust
- Plumas County Sheriff's Christmas Toy Drive
- Lake Almanor Country Club Firewise Community
- Plumas County Fire Safe Council
Going Green Commitments
- I use hand made frames fashioned from a variety of wood that captures carbon.
- I recycle materials used for my artwork as well as items used in the home.
- I have attended educational workshops about the Dynamic Forest pertaining to our mountain community to learn how to better manage the health of our forests.
Hours of OperationHome Studio, Call 530-259-3381
See Ricau Arts at The Gallery at Stover Landing, Main Street, Chester, CA, Plumas Arts Gallery in Quincy, CA, and Alger Vineyards, Manton, CA.
Capturing the impression and emotion in my paintings is my ultimate goal. I enjoy observing my surroundings and finding what attracts me. The contrast of light with dark and color are what catch my eye. The mystery of what I don't see but imagine also captivates me.
The hardest part is the beginning, because there are no guarantees; there is only uncertainty and risk.
Once I start I allow myself to experience the emotion that I wish to evoke.
Recent work and activities include acrylics on panel and canvas of mountain scenes from Lassen National Park, Plumas County, wildlife and domestic pets on commission.
I enjoy exhibiting original paintings at
Plumas Arts Gallery in Quincy, CA, The Gallery in Stover Landing, Chester, CA, and Alger Vineyards, Manton, CA.
I recently showed paintings in a featured artist exhibit, along with photographer Jan Davies, in April 2021 at the Plumas Arts Gallery in Quincy, CA. My paintings included scenes of our Northern California area, Plumas, Tehama, Lassen, and Modoc Counties, and even a nostalgic landscape of my home state of Louisiana!
My paintings, matted prints and art cards will be exhibited at the Lake Almanor Arts and Crafts Fair on Saturday, September 4th (Labor Day weekend 2021 ) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Recreation area 1 on Peninsula Drive, Lake Almanor Country Club. Come by my pop up booth! Hope to see you there!
Another fun event is the Change of Seasons Fair at the Lake Almanor Community Church on Road A 13 in Hamilton Branch, October 23, Saturday, from 10 AM to 3 PM. I will be displaying small original works, as well as matted, framed prints and art note cards. Great time to shop for gifts! It's a very nice event. All the artisans' displays are original work.
We'll Impress YouMy name is Barbara Ricau MacArthur. I am an artist living in the beautiful mountains at Lake Almanor, CA where I paint and exhibit.
I am a New Orleans native, and following college where I minored in art, I attended John McCrady's school of art in the New Orleans French Quarter.
I painted and exhibited in New York City while based there as a flight attendant with TWA. My subject matter was from the places I traveled as well as the local scene.
After marrying, I painted and exhibited in the Sacramento Valley and received awards at area juried shows.
Since moving to Lake Almanor I have been thrilled at the beauty of this area and have enjoyed painting the surrounding scenery and wildlife as well as doing portraits on commission of children, pets and homes.