Chilly Chili Cook-off
Fundraisers We Support
- Town Plaza
Hours of Operation
2023 Chilly Chili Cook-off - WE'RE BAACCKK!!
Saturday February 18th, 2023
1 pm - 4 pm
Brought to you by The Almanor Foundation in conjunction with the Lake Almanor Area Chamber of Commerce
WANT TO ENTER A TEAM?
Each team will prepare 3-5 gallons of chili and serve the public and judges, vying for coveted prizes including “People’s Choice” and “Best Judged Chili”. Prizes will also be awarded for the best decorated booth. There is a $30 entry fee per team(Chamber members exempt) Interested companies, organizations or family teams can register on-line at www.lakealmanorarea.com or for more information email at email@example.com or call 925-381-8331. Teams should consist of at least two (2) team members but the more the merrier!
WHATS PROVIDED? ·
· We’ll provide taster kits (small cups, forks or spoons and napkins) and trash bags.
· The Chamber bar cart will be there offering drinks (alcoholic and non, cold and hot) for purchase. And we’ll have a good ole fashion fire pit for warming up and maybe s'mores for little ones.
Electrical outlets will be available for those that may need electricity for decorating their booth (lights, music etc). Please DO NOT plan to use the electricity for cooking/heating your chili….we’ll blow a fuse. Please plan to bring your own source of heat ….camp stove, propane burner, grill etc.
WHAT TO BRING
· 3- 5 gallons of your best chili.
· A heat source for cooking/heating your chili (some pre-cook it and others do the prep work at home and throw it together there; either way please know that it will need to be simmering for about 4 hours . . . . . teams typically start arriving 1-2 hrs early so that you can be ready to serve at 1 PM.
· Hand sanitizer….especially helpful if you have some finger foods (i.e. crackers, chips etc.); need we say, no running water outside where we’ll be cooking.
· Water for drinking (for the team).
· Dish towels or paper towels.
· Stuff to clean-up and transport your dirty dishes/utensils home.
WANT TO TASTE THE CHILI?
Tasting kits with a ballot card will be available to the general public at the even for $10 for adults and $5 for children 10 yo and younger. This allows you to taste all the teams’ chilis and submit a vote for your favorite. Look for pre-ticket sales for taster kits to begin later in the year/early next year.
We also plan to hava silent auction - stay tuned for more information.
Judges’ Choice Award – panel of Chamber of Commerce members will judge all chili’s in blind tasting and rate them on aroma, consistency, color, taste; and Best Overall Chili will be selected.
Peoples’ Choice Award – all teams will be dispensing their chili to the public who pay $10/adults, $5/children for a ballot card that allows them to sample the chili from each team and vote for their favorite. The team receiving the most votes wins the People’s Choice Award!
Chili Showmanship Award – this award goes to the team with best decorated booth, costumes, presentation and/or entertainment.
CAN’T ENTER A TEAM BUT WOULD LIKE TO SPONSOR THE EVENT?
We will happily accept any merchandise or gift certificate donations to be used as prizes for our “Chili Champions” or for our silent auction. Your business name will be included in the promotion and advertising – for more information on sponsorship email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 925-381-8331.
All proceeds are going to support the Town Plaza